This is my reminder to all 3 of my followers, fire safety is important! Go check those batteries in your smoke detectors! Go now, I’ll wait.
This morning, the cats’ water dish was unplugged. The cats think this is THE END OF THE WORLD. Heaven forbid their water is not constantly flowing.
To plug it in, I have to bend down and put the plug around a desk in the corner of the kitchen. As I am doing this, I accidently hit an ancient fire extinguisher that proceeds to go off for about 5 seconds.
Did you know that if you do not properly maintain fire extinguishers they are useless? Apparently, no one told my mother this. It sprayed this horrible yellowish dust all over the kitchen! One of the cats freaks out and runs away (as we all should have). The other one gets curious and runs through the cloud of dust. She was really happy later when I had to chase her down and wipe her off. I had to unplug the water dish and clean it out, plus mop the floor. Just what I wanted to do when I first woke up!
So, there is a lesson in this. Make sure you get your fire extinguishers serviced! Do not just shove it in a corner and forget about it. Because I am not sure that yellow dust would be putting out any fires if need be.
On a non preachy note, here are my
rainbow cookies. It seemed like a fun thing to do for St. Patty’s day, since we did not have a shamrock cookie cutter. When I brought them out of the oven, my mom raised and eyebrow at me. Quick thinking, I said, “I changed my mind and made tie dye cookies instead!”